Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sentimental Sunday

I went home yesterday while P is away at a dive trip to Batangas. I stayed behind and declined an invitation to a weekend with some friends at Bonito Island so I could spend time with my family, especially my brother. And though I'm happy that TJ, Kieyh, Iya and all cousins were all together yesterday, this certain loneliness wouldn't go away. Maybe it's the wind outside, quiet and gentle. Maybe it's the leaves of the caimito tree waving at the sun. Maybe it's the birds (they've already forgiven me, I think). Maybe it's because it's a lovely Sunday morning.

I'm here thinking of everyone dear to me especially my family in Tondo, Mama in Canda, Tere in Singapore, relatives in countries all over. I feel incomplete. It's as if I have a part of me in each of them and them in me. (Then what about those I have lost? Tatay and Nanay, Ninang? I welcome the feeling of missing them though...)

Because we all can't be together at one place, at one time, I have scattered selves, I am not whole.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Carnaval said…

    i think i get that senti mode too, but not particularly on a sunday. i love what you've written. i do hope all of you guys can get together very soon. cant wait to read your next post. good evening. =]

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Carnaval said…

    read your comment. =] sure, i'd love to add you up in my links. thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home