Tuesday, July 17, 2007

In the beginning was the Word...

I just finished my Poetry block with the coolest tenth graders in school (haha...*wink*) and it was a great experience: daunting, full of discoveries, fun, crazy, EXHAUSTING and most importantly, inspiring. They gave me a reason to start writing again---and the journey has begun--again.

The strength of this class is that they can all see the beauty of possibilities, the ironies of creation, the sacredness of wounds...I want to keep growing with them.

It's also for this reason that I want to make my very OWN twelfth graders fall in love with poetry again. I wish going to college weren't such a big deal. I wish having nightly arguments with parents weren't too much to bear. I wish they could all just be, me included. But that's where the grace lies, right?

So, here's to my beloved oddballs! On to clunkhood! :p

(You guys, I know you'll read this...and no, you're not escaping study hall or homework :p )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home