Monday, May 22, 2006

The Curse


Our neighbors from the townhouse beside our house got themselves a spanking Magic Sing about two weeks ago. It started on a rather ordinary rainy May evening, and I went gee, somebody's celebrating his birthday...kawawa naman, the weather's a party pooper... The party went on. And on. And on. And on.

Yep, two weeks ago and counting.

Ngayon, ang lekat na kapitbahay namin ay bumibirit na naman ng hinahanap-hanap kita...hinahanap-hanap kitaaaa... This is just a part of her repertoire, mind you. Her favorites also include Never been to me, ang walang kamatayang Dancing Queen ng ABBA and a Japanese song whose lines sound like alegataka sashimi alegatakasashimiii.... She's at it ten hours every morning, ten hours every afternoon and ten hours every night. Go figure. She has the kind of voice that makes me want to curl inside a cupboard under the stairs (apologies to Harry Potter) and pull my hair strands one by one and eat them in the dark. Her voice has that bakya timbre that curves and waves on certain syllables of the lines of the songs that plague my ears. How do you describe bakya? I don't know. All I know is that the way she sings, her voice, haunt me in the shower, in the kitchen, in my dreams, in school, in the car, in the cab, in my non-existent i-pod, gaaaaddd she's frigging everywhere!

There should be an anti-videoke law in residential areas. Each time the interval between songs lasts for more than two minutes, I rejoice, I sing hallelujah to the heavens.

Kaunti na lang at susugod na ako sa kanila. Well, P will.

So, my friends, please do not even drop the words Magic Sing or videoke when I'm near you lest I strangle myself...or you... And yes, the curse started when I posed in that photo two years ago...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger mai said…

    My gad I think our kapitbahay moved next to you :S I used to suffer from the same "CURSE" and its really a curse because I cant stop cursing when they start :P

    Long time Tintin! :D

     
  • At 12:30 AM, Blogger Wacky Addy said…

    meron akong magic sing. i brought it home from the US (ang weird considering sa pinas talaga binebenta yun). dadalin ko dyan pag bumisita kami ni sammie. hehehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home