Saturday, June 03, 2006

Not My Mall

P and I were at the Mall of Asia last week. It's phenomenal. But it's too much for me. The range of shops should actually be heaven for a shopping fiend like me but then it would take me about ten stops for a bite to go all around the mall. It's too big it would make you famished in minutes!

We had lunch at Almon Marina, a safe choice since we were too hungry and tired to try something new. We just parked ourselves at the closest familiar place. We decided to have coffee at Chai-something across Almon Marina. Wrong move. Overpriced watered-down coffee. Methinks the owners overspent on the interiors and forgot about the quality of the beverage they were supposed to brag about. P got a plain English Breakfast and I had a Vienna blend: they both tasted like hot water with a hint of bittersweet---hmmm, what, come to think of it. Did we complain about it? Nah. Lesson learned the 300-or-so-bucks way. In fairness, the cheese cake wasn't so bad and at least to P's delight, the servers were good looking. They were garbed in black leather. That cafe is trying to do so many things it's actually failing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home