Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sundays are what life's all about

Someone found out about this blog. So much for keeping it a secret. He's bound to know, anyhow. Sharing the same PC is obviously the culprit :)

o0o

Watched the Ateneo-La Salle Men's Football championships. Great game. It was a tie, though. See you again La Sallians in Katipunan next week!

o0o

I'm scheduled to give a short workshop on (performance) poetry to my colleagues on Wednesday. Scary!!!

o0o

I've been on the hunt for good YA books to include in my eighth, ninth and eleventh-grades reading list for next year. I just finished "Prep" by Curtis Sittenfeld. It started quite promisingly but the plot dragged a bit. Still, I think my students would find it interesting so I'm tossing it in. Next in line is "the curious incident of the dog in the night-time" by Mark Haddon. The blurbs are terrific--even Arthur Golden and my favorite Myla Goldberg had good things to say about it. I'm starting it before I go to bed tonight.

o0o

I hope the stampede disaster wouldn't be just a piece of statistics in a few years' time. So many lives were lost needlessly. So many hearts broken just like that. ABS-CBN is a giant all right--a giant that has been trampling on people's lives all these years, yet I admire Mr. Gabby Lopez's sincerity and integrity in standing in the middle of this catastrope. I hope he really would stand firm in his words. And while he's at it, perhaps he could rethink how the station could actually serve its loyal fans--just the way it claims it does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home