Sunday, November 19, 2006

28 and (trying to be) Fabulous

I turned 28 three days ago. I must say it was really a blessed day as 1) I had a steaming hot venti cup of Starbucks Sumatra and sweet birthday notes on a wad of Starbucks napkins on my desk waiting for me while they pretended not to notice me or cared about my birthday as I passed by them in the mess hall. After I read all their notes, I went to them feigning annoyance at them when they suddenly broke into a chorus of the birthday song; 2) P took me out for a Japanese lunch and 3) P's family gave me a dinner party and the best chocolate cake in the world. Last night, 4)my own family came over for another birthday salu-salo.

Of course, my family and friends' text messages made me feel so loved. Thanks to them for that.

All day long, I was searching inside me for that familiar birthday feeling that I used to feel as a kid--that giddy, excited tickle in your tummy, expecting great things to come. Iba na nga yata talaga pag tumatanda, right? Well, I can't wait when I turn 30. I guess that would feel different. It ought to.

I have so many things to be thankful for. P and I are still together, thank God, haha ;p Our families are doing well, and my work is something that I really love.

And now that I'm older, I still find myself having more wishes though. Life will be better I know. It ought to.

Hmmm, I don't like where this post is going so i better end it now. Happy birthday, tintin! It's been 28 years, can you believe that? : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home